Terms & Conditions
1. Our Platform(a) Our Platform is merely a resource and information sharing website on all divorce related issues and other matrimonial matters in Hong Kong. (b) Users can register as a member of our website to comment in the Questions and Answers section.
2. Your Account
- In registering for an account on our Platform, you will be required to provide certain information, including but not limited to your username, email, a suitable password, (“Account Information”). You agree that all Account Information provided shall be truthful, accurate and up-to-date. You should choose a strong and secure password. You must keep your password secure and confidential.
- You agree not to share your Account Information or give others access to your account. If and when we detect that an account is shared by multiple users, we may treat this as a security breach and suspend, disable or terminate your account without notice. We have the sole discretion to suspend, disable or terminate any account at any time without liability, if in our reasonable opinion, you are in breach of the Terms.
- You are responsible for all actions or activities that occurred through or under your account, unless you report misuse on a timely basis. If you permit others to use your account and/or Account Information, you are responsible for the activities of such users that occur in connection with your account and/or Account Information.
- If you ever forget your Account Information or believe or know that there has been any (attempted) unauthorised use of your account and or Account Information, you shall inform us immediately at [email protected]
- All accounts are non-transferable. If you are accessing or using an account on behalf of another person or entity, you represent that you are authorised to accept these Terms on that person’s or entity’s behalf and that the person or entity agrees to be responsible to us if you or the other person or entity violates these Terms.
- Usernames must not be offensive or offend common decency. We reserve the right, to:
- amend any username without prior notice if we reasonably believe the store name or username to be in contravention of the Terms; and/or
- suspend and/or disable your account until the name is changed.
3. Availability of our services
- We are constantly changing and improving our Platform and the information therein. We may from time to time change or discontinue any feature on our Platform, or add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop certain functionalities or features altogether. We reserve the right to make the above changes at any time without any notice.
- We may release functionalities or features of our Platform that we are still testing and evaluating. We will label these as “beta”, “preview”, “early access” or “trial” or any words or phrases with similar meanings which indicate that the functionalities or features are under development. By continuing to use our Platform, you acknowledge that these beta services may not be as reliable as the other features of our website and may be subject to service disruption and you agree to be bound by these Terms in relation to those beta features.
- We try our best to ensure that our Platform is always available, but we do not guarantee or offer any warranties that the operation of or access to our Platform will be uninterrupted or continuous. Our Platform may be interrupted for maintenance, repairs, upgrades, network or equipment failures. We are not liable for any losses claimed due to interruption or disruption to the Platform under any circumstances.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform or system in order to access our Platform. We do not guarantee that the Platform will be free from bugs and/or viruses and will not be responsible for any direct or indirect loss or damage that results from bugs and/or viruses contacted via using our Platform.
4. Use of the platform
- When using or accessing the Platform, you agree to comply with these Terms and all applicable laws and regulatory requirements, including those related to privacy and protection of intellectual property.
- The Platform is currently made available to you free of charge and is also open for registration as user. We reserve the right to amend or withdraw the Platform and/or the registered user structure for the Platform without notice in accordance with these Terms at any time and for any reason, without incurring liability.
- You agree not to misuse the Platform or help anyone else to do so. Without reservation, you agree not to do any of the following in connection with our Platform:
- use our Platform for unlawful or unauthorised purposes;
- copy, modify, distribute, sell, lease, loan or trade any access to the Platform or any data or information on it;
- re-sell or attempt to benefit commercially from any data, content or information available in or on the Platform;
- probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- breach or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures or service use limits;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Platform;
- interfere with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, trojan, worm, logic bomb, or any other material that is malicious or technologically harmful, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Platform, or by scripting the creation of any content in such manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on the Platform;
- reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Platform or any related technology that is not open source;
- access, search, or create accounts for the Platform by any means (automated or otherwise) other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk) or attempt to do so;
- send unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email;
- send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information, including “spoofing” or “phishing”;
- conduct surveys, contests, or pyramid schemes, or promote or advertise products or services without appropriate authorisation;
- abuse referrals or promotions;
- post, publish, upload, display, distribute, or share materials that are unlawful, inappropriate, profane, pornographic, obscene, indecent, libellous, defamatory, abusive, or knowingly false, and/or that infringe intellectual property rights;
- violate the letter or spirit of our Terms;
- violate applicable laws or regulations in any way; and/or
- violate the privacy or infringe the rights of others.